💜 Amethyst: The Birthstone for February. A Gemstone of Royalty
February babies are born with a touch of royalty. After all, their birthstone is amethyst.
A stone that has been prized by kings and queens throughout history.
According to AGS [The American Gem Society] Amethyst comes from purple quartz. It is a beautiful blend of violet and red that can be found in every corner of the world. The name comes from the Ancient Greek, derived from the word methustos, which means “intoxicated.”
While amethyst is most commonly recognized to be a purple color, it can range from a light pinkish violet to a deep purple that can read more blue or red, depending on the light
Amethyst is believed to have several metaphysical properties, including the ability to protect against negative energy and promote peace and tranquility.
Here are some fun facts about the amethyst:
- The amethyst is the state gemstone of South Carolina.
- The ancient Greeks and Romans believed that the amethyst could prevent drunkenness.
- In the Middle Ages, amethyst was thought to protect against evil spirits.
- Amethyst is often used in jewelry, and it is also used to make beads and other decorative objects.
- Amethyst is found all over the world, but some of the most prized deposits are found in Brazil, Russia, and Zambia.
If you are a February baby, you're lucky to have amethyst as your birthstone. It's a beautiful gemstone with lots of positive energy.
So next time you wear your amethyst jewelry, be proud of your royal status! 😁